Saturday, 29 July 2017

Blogging v/s parents- the paradox.

My entry into this world of blogging was certainly not a well planned decision, rather I started as an amateur. During school days, though I had a passion of writing, my interest was lost in subject notes which I carried from school to coaching classes stacked one on other in my backpack. I was an alien to blogger till the day I signed up. My first post was appreciated by many critics and that gave me confidence to write more and more to satisfy my urge to pen down my thoughts. The sole purpose of this initiative was to share my ideas and to express myself in front of 7.2 billion people out there who are glued to internet all the time.

My parents are unaware of the fact that I author a blog, which creates many hurdles for me though, as I belong to a middle class conservative family with the views of poking your nose in books and studying late nights. Spending time on the internet is still a taboo for them maybe! I'm told not to use my phone much, neither I'm allowed to sit in front of the laptop for long hours and what else I'm not allowed to install WhatsApp! (It adds to distractions, as per my parents). So it's quite obvious for you to understand now how difficultly I post every single article to present it in front of you. 'Difficultly' because whenever I try to type on my laptop or phone, someone site besides me constantly watching over my activities as I if was working on a plan to blow up my own house and they're making sure I don't succeed. I remember the day I tried to convince my dad regarding setting up a blog, he equivocated his point by saying rather than setting up a blog get your poetry and articles published in a newspaper or a magazine. I was ridiculed as fuck. I felt low, maybe I was not good at writing to impress my parents or maybe I could never succeed. Somehow I overcame this stigmatic situation, thanks to a dear friend who kept me aware on the knick-knacks of blogging.

And withing one and a half month of starting, I signed up for Adsense, the dream of every blogger.
But still I suffer from the dilemma of telling my parents about this venture or not. Paradoxically, I'm not offending their views but I'm following my heart, I'm doing what I really want to do. But I don't know how I'm gonna convince them about this.

Your kind advices would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Featured post

Blogging v/s parents- the paradox.

My entry into this world of blogging was certainly not a well planned decision, rather I started as an amateur. During school days, though ...